The Technical Council (Tech Council) provides the Association with technical expertise, developing the Technical Program for the Association’s Annual Conference, conducting specialty conferences, providing resources for workshops, webinars, joint society-sponsored meetings, and seminars, conducting and reporting on state-of the-art studies, providing technical review capability to governmental and other organizations, and participating with regulatory groups to guide future regulatory direction.
The Technical Council is organized into Groups, Divisions, and Technical Coordinating Committees. View the committees and groups in your area to see how you can get involved.Tech Council Org Chart, Technical Council Organizational Structure, Technical Coordinating Committees (TCCs) are volunteer member groups responsible for planning efforts on different technical topics ranging across Association interests:
- Ambient Monitoring/Measurements
- Bioenergy and Waste-to-Energy
- Chemistry and Modeling
- Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation
- Emissions and Pollution Control
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Management
- Federal/Government Facilities Programs
- Health and Ecological Effects
- Indigenous Environmental Affairs
- Industrial Processes, including Mineral Extraction, Cement and Manufacturing
- Legal and Economic Issues of Environmental Programs
- Municipal and Hazardous Waste Treatment/Processing
- Nanotechnology Programs and Issues
- Oil & Gas and Chemical Production
- Particulates and Visibility
- Power Generation and Renewable Energy
- Program Administration & Regulations/Standards
- Public Participation and Community Monitoring
- Sustainability and Resource Conservation
- Toxic Air Pollutants, Risk Assessment, and Odors
- Transportation Policy, Emissions, and Noise Issues
If you’re interested in getting to know more about the efforts of the Technical Coordinating Committees (TCCs), please review the list of Technical Council Committee Mission Statements.
Each year hundreds of research studies, policy planning sessions, and case studies are presented and discussed at the Association’s Annual Conference & Exhibition (ACE) generally held in August each year, as well as numerous specialty conferences, workshops, and webinars. Information regarding the ACE and how to participate may be found on the INWASCON’s conferences & seminars web page; along with information on how to participate as an author/presenter.
For additional information on Technical Council Activities, including participation in the planning process for the next Annual Conference & Exhibition, please contact the Technical Council Officers or Staff Liaison (see contact information to the right on this page).
Wellamina Larisa Anak Michael Medioal
COUNCIL VICE CHAIR
Nur Rasyiqah Syahida
Mohd Khairi bin Basirin
Siti Noralbariah binti Abdullah