We believe that our members should exhibit high standards of competency, honesty, integrity, and impartiality, be fair and equitable, and accept a personal responsibility for adhering to applicable laws, protecting the environment, and safeguarding the public welfare in their professional actions and behavior.
INWASCON Professionals are to exhibit the highest standards of competency, honesty, integrity, and impartiality; and are fair and equitable; and accept a personal responsibility for adherence to applicable laws, the protection of the environment, and safeguarding the public welfare in their professional actions and behavior. These principles govern professional conduct in serving the interests of the public, clients, employers, colleagues, and the profession.
INWASCON promotes an environment free from inappropriate behavior and harassment by or toward its staff and members. Members, staff, contractors, suppliers, and customers are expected to treat each other with respect. This global policy applies to all locations and situations where INWASCON conducts operations, including all INWASCON -sponsored activities and events, and covers all officers, directors, and other INWASCON members
INWASCON Connect Guidelines
- Be positive, constructive and respectful. Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Keep your messages succinct. Avoid lengthy and repetitive posts.
- Ensure your posts are relevant to the topic at hand.
- Non-INWASCON event posts are strictly prohibited.
- Only geographic and technical sections may post technical / geographic section events on their sites. For further information, speak to the officers of the sections. Do not promote directly on a discussion board.
- Avoid posting commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information can be available for anyone in that community to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate discussions or libraries. Do not spam several communities with the same message unless it is relevant them. All messages must add to the body of knowledge being shared within that community.
- Head-hunter notices or requests for employment are strictly prohibited.
- If the community is working on a document for INWASCON purposes, material in that document may be distributed only to the authors, editors, reviewers, and INWASCON staff working on the project.
- INWASCON reserves the right to reject any post for any reason.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your post in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only send a message to the entire community when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals–not to the entire community.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “Remove me from the community“. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the community and rejoin under your new e-mail address.
The INWASCON name and logo and all INWASCON related trade names, design marks, tag lines and slogans are the Intellectual Property of INWASCON, and you may not use such without the prior written consent of INWASCON. All other product and service marks contained herein are the marks of their respective owners and may not be used without the prior written consent of such owners. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to you or any user of this Website any license to or ownership rights in any Intellectual Property or other legal right of INWASCON or any third party.
INWASCON prohibits the posting, display, transmission, sharing, emailing, embedding, making available, or otherwise use in this nature of content that infringes the Intellectual Property rights of another person or party. In the event that a third party provides INWASCON with a notification of any alleged Intellectual Property infringement, SPEI INWASCON may immediately remove such content and may block access to and cancel such user’s registration. In addition, in the event of an alleged copyright infringement, INWASCON shall act expeditiously in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and will take steps to have the allegedly infringing material removed or access to such blocked.
It is INWASCON policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the DMCA. With respect to copyright infringement, the DMCA requires INWASCON to have a designated agent to receive notices of alleged copyright infringement. For any content that you believe infringes your copyright, please send a written notice of alleged copyright infringement to INWASCON’s designated agent at the following address:
If by first class mail:
Copyright Agent for Notification of Claimed Infringement
C-3A-15 Centrio, Pantai Hillpark
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The International Water, Air & Soil Conservation Society is a professional organization formed to collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge concerning the exploration, development, and environmental conservation and related technologies for the public benefit, and to provide opportunities for professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence.
In carrying out these objectives, it is INWASCON ‘s firm and resolute policy, to which no exception is made, that all INWASCON activities shall be conducted in strict conformity with applicable antitrust laws. INWASCON will not condone any violation of its policy in this regard, and any member or employee who violates such policy will be subject to expulsion or discharge from INWASCON.
The above stated purposes of the INWASCON also serve the goal of promoting competition. To this end, and to the end of avoiding violation of the antitrust laws, INWASCON has adopted an Antitrust Compliance Policy that specifically requires observance of the following principles.
Policy on Program Committee Development
In order to promote growth in the volunteer pool, provide demographic diversity, and infuse new ideas and thinking among Program Committees, the following should be considered when new members are proposed for approval:
- At least 20% new members every year.
- No more than 10% membership from any one company.
- At least 10% of committee should be young professionals (YPs) as defined by INWASCON.
- Anyone who has served more than 6 years on a committee must be rotated off for at least one event cycle.
- If this is more than 50% of a Program Committee, then the committee may submit a multi-year implementation plan to TPM.
The International Water, Air & Soil Conservation Society INWASCON expect high standards of integrity of themselves and of other members. INWASCON members should not participate in any Board or Committee decision for which they may be unable to maintain professional objectivity because of a personal situation, employment, or other conflicts of interest.